I had all these plans the other night of getting some post ready and my Internet was acting up so instead of being prepared for today I wasn’t. I knew what I wanted to write about but actually sitting down and blogging didn’t work out for me.
As you know I am auditioning for S.Y.T.Y.C. Voting is up this week so make sure you head on over there and vote for your favorite projects. I so wish I could tell you which one is mine but I am really excited about the fact that it truly is a competition based on the project and not popularity. Also I am really excited because my blogging buddy Janiene from A Bunch of Bishops is also auditioning. I can’t wait to see how her and I do.
I am in the process of redecorating all three of the big kids’ rooms. As you know from my recent post Good-bye Pink Wall, Alyssa and Noah share a room. For three years now Noah has wanted his room decorated in under water. Alyssa changes her mind daily and Taylor isn’t much better. Right now Noah’s room is a big to do list I am working on so hopefully this will help me remember everything.
Most of the stuff left in Noah’s room are things I am making and painting. This past weekend Adam painted the pink wall a bluish green color(I’ll check the can later to see the exact color but its from Valspar). We thought it had enough coats but after looking at it we have decided it needs one more. So this upcoming weekend after Alyssa and Noah leave for their vacation with their father we are going to put another color of paint on the wall.
- Painting – The blue wall needs another coat and the white walls need to be painted once I decide on a color. All three kids will have one accent wall and then white walls so I want to use the same white for all three kids but we have white baseboards and the girls’ furniture is white so I want it to be a little different but look good with the accent walls.
- Fish Stand – Growing up I had this huge fish aquarium and after Noah decided he wanted a fish room my parents said I could have it but it leaked. Adam re-caulked it and now I am going to paint the stand. When I got the paint for Noah’s wall I picked out a lighter coordinating color to match. I am going to paint the fish stand this color.
- Frames – You make remember the fish frame I made a while back for Create with 8. I don’t really love it. I have decided I am going to take the fish off and re-paint the frame the same color as the fish stand. Also I am going to paint a “N” on the corkboard. Then I am going to put the fish back on. Hopefully I can take them off without messing them up but if not I guess I’ll have to redo them. I am going to get another frame from Hobby Lobby and paint it the same color but that is all I have decided so far about how I am going to do it.
- Lego Area – I decided to make the top of Noah’s bookcase into a Lego area which is prefect since his Lego’s are stored in baskets in the lower part of his bookcase. The lower part is going to have a seat and the higher part will have a Lego table. I have to pick out the fabric, sew the cushion, purchase Lego board and attach it to the bookcase.
- Fish – Noah said he wants fish on his blue wall. We talked about what would be the best way to go about this. We talked about painting it but seriously that would be hard. I finally decided vinyl would be the best decision. I thought about using my Cricut and making them myself but to buy all the different color of vinyl I would end up spending more than if I just found something and bought it. So now I have to find a shark and some salt water fish for his wall.
I have one other project for his room but I plan on using it for one of my weeks on S.Y.T.Y.C. Once that week has been posted and closed I will post about it here and let ya’ll know all about it. One good thing it will be completed too. I have been working on it and had a lot of failures in the process so I’ll have lots to tell.