A while back I made an under sea corkboard for Joann’s Create with 8 contest. While I liked the frame, the more it hung in Noah’s room the less and less I loved it.
After making this frame I choose colors for his room that were slightly different than the background color of the frame and my OCD kicked in. I had already decided I wanted to make another frame but I am still not completely sure what I am going to as far as the other frame. So that will be saved for another day.
Last week while all three big kids were gone I worked on several projects and this frame was one of them. At first I thought I only wanted to repaint the background to match the colors of his room, but taking off the fish was less than an easy task. I can’t remember what I used to attach them, but it held really well. So well, that I got to use my new sander for this project first. After pulling as much of the fish off as I could I used my sander and made the frame nice and smooth again. Then I painted the entire frame the lighter of the two colors I choose for Noah’s room. I finally decided I was going to give it my best try and attempt a chevron paint pattern. After reading many different tutorials online I decided to use a little bit of this idea and a little bit of that idea to tape of my frame. I am not going to give you a tutorial on how to paint a chevron pattern here since there are so many of them out there already. Then I painted the dark of the two colors (which is also the same color as Noah’s accent wall). When I was done I still did not love it. As time has gone on and I have looked at it more and more it is growing on me. But I feel like the corkboard center takes away too much of the chevron design. Don’t be surprised if in the next few weeks I decide to sand it and start over again.